Backrooms Level -5.3: "The Drowned Desolation"
Welcome to Backrooms Level -5.3, ominously dubbed "The Drowned Desolation", an enduringly submerged terrain that makes navigation challenging and poses an immense threat of drowning.
This level materializes as an expansive network of flooded corridors and rooms reminiscent of an inundated rendition of the traditional Backrooms style. The walls, covered in water-damaged and peeling wallpaper, blend disconcertingly with sodden and mold-infested carpeting. The ceiling lights flicker sporadically, their buzzing noises warped by the engulfing water.
The atmosphere is heavy with dampness, and the air frigidly cold. The continual sound of churning water echoes through the labyrinth. Lighting is severely hampered by the water-soaked conditions and the irregularly flickering ceiling lights.
- From Level -5: Certain doors submerged within the floodwaters of Level -5 provide a gateway to Level -5.3.
- To Level -5: Locating and navigating through a doorway situated at the deepest points of the pools will transport wanderers back to Level -5.
Drifters: The sole known entities in this level are the Drifters. They appear skeletal, with elongated limbs, and exhibit a swift, fluid movement through the water. Drifters usually disregard wanderers but can show aggression when incited.
- Debris: Random debris from the crumbling surroundings might float in the water, occasionally impeding paths and exacerbating navigation difficulties.
- Remain vigilant for pockets of air to avoid the risk of drowning.
- Avoid inciting the Drifters. While they usually disregard wanderers, they can become a threat when disturbed.
- Due to the elevated threat of drowning, it is recommended to steer clear of this level unless absolutely necessary.