Backrooms Level 8: "The Terminal" – Ghost Town Central
Onwards to Level 8, a.k.a. "The Terminal". Ever seen an airport terminal with no soul in sight? Welcome aboard, mate.
So, what's this place?
The Terminal, it's an airport that forgot how to airport. Empty corridors, benches lined up like they're waiting for the world to end, abandoned check-in desks, security checkpoints that haven't seen action in who knows how long. It's got the works. Oh, and for a dash of surreal, the flight details are still updated on the screens and the speakers are yammering on about... something.
What's the ambiance?
The air's got that average terminal feel—climate-controlled, bit of a coffee hangover. The lighting's all harsh and fluorescent, casting weird shadows. As for the sound, you're treated to a lovely drone of electrical hum, occasionally interrupted by the garble of a speaker announcement.
How do I land here?
- Slip out of the Pipes: If you manage to worm your way out of some of the big pipes in Level 7, you're in for the airport experience of your life here in Level 8.
How do I take off?
- Through Security: Here's an ironic twist—those security checkpoints? They're your ticket out of here, leading you to more mind-bending levels.
- Boarding Gates: If you're feeling daring, try the arrival/departure gates. They're as unpredictable as a lottery, but they could get you somewhere else in the Backrooms.
Who else is around?
Security Drones: Your only company here are these hovering tech-pests. They usually keep to themselves, but tick them off, and you're in for a world of trouble.
Anything else I should know?
- Flight Info Screens: Don't write off the gibberish on the screens. If you've got the patience to watch, you might catch a pattern that leads you to an exit.
- Vending Machines: Just like in Level 5, these babies might pop out something useful. Or not. Only one way to find out, right?
- Keep an eye on those flight information screens. They're your best bet to finding a way out.
- Give the Security Drones their space. You really don't want to deal with them on a bad day.
- Interact with the vending machines, but remember—what you get might not be what you expect.